The website is a powerful business medium. It is the gateway for any entrepreneur, blogger and likewise wants to have an online brand.
You want to do an online business, consider your website as the primary source. Almost each one of us are aware of this platform right? Even many times you would have had come across sites with expressions like-“Oh! I want to have one such website!”
Well, developing a website is not a rocket science. There are various ways in which you can create a useful internet site. But what was that which encouraged you to have such a website?
It is the dynamicity, look and feel of the website.
Along with various other facets, it is the design which also plays an integral role for the site. Let’s face it. There are varieties of objects, products, and services in the website. But if it is not attractive or compelling would you like to move with it further?
You can’t expect to get a customer unless your website is good enough to browse. If user-friendly are missing and does not have the “wow” factor.
So, you are all set to have your first website designing for the web. Now consider some basic yet mandatory factors before its creation.
1. Be Specific about the type of Website – Remember a fact. You should be sure about the kind of site that you are going to create. Design accordingly. You will have a better-looking website. Website designing tool helps a lot in this regards. It consists of templates which contribute to creating customized websites.
2. The Type of Content – Makes sure that you have your content ready before the designing of the site. The content should be relevant, high readable and easily connect with readers. Embrace the latest content development practices. Like Audio and Video content, charts and graphs.
3. Going Live Without Proofreading– “Gosh! I missed such a silly mistake over here!” You have no option but to take down the live site just for correction. No one likes to be in such a condition. So, to avoid such a situation, you need to do thorough proofreading of the website. Remember content is the voice of your site. You do not want to send the wrong message with bad content.
4. Call To Action– You take every possible way to make your content engaging for the users. Just like this important factor, you also need to get inputs from the users by a call to action button or links. For instance, to inform a user you may write something like- To see our list of exciting offers, “click here.” The motive of a call to action button is to convince the users to take some action.
5. Homepage– You don’t want visitors to fly off your website. Do you? Create homepage which keeps your visitors glued to your site. Avoid loading it with too many links and internal pages. Do not make it navigation nightmare for your visitors. Aim for a neat and clean homepage is what every visitor likes to look. Put into practice the concept of “Less is more”.
6. Convenient Navigation– Consider an example. A user needed to know about the products included in the website. With great difficulty, he could find the product link on the web page. When he clicked on it, he was on the service page! A live website with such a performance could be a nightmare for any entrepreneur. You won’t like to have the one. Would you? Navigation in a site is important, and its proper functioning is furthermore important. Visible buttons, synchronized header, and footer and better display make the navigation smooth. That is what your users expect from your website.
7. SEO Friendly– You have great content on the site. Your products or services pages look beautiful. The site is live. But for a day, weeks or months the traffic to is a mere trickle. What’s wrong?Maybe the design it not SEO friendly. Always remember. Google finds it hard to recognize a website if not built as per SEO norms. If Google cannot locate it then how can you expect your prospective buyers to find it?
8. Attractive UI/UX– These are yet another integral aspects for any website. You would like to put both of these features for your site. A User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) provide a better browsing experience. It includes the entire architecture of the site ranging from designing to the creation.
9. Domain Name– Besides designing and features, the website also needs a platform to launch. You also need a platform to launch your site. The one doorway in this regards is the domain. You need to register the name of a website with a domain. On doing so, your website would get recognized from its registered domain name online. There is various site hosting companies which would host your site at applicable rates.
10.Logo– Planning to launch your business online? Then consider a logo to be your true representative. Logo provides various benefits to the firm. It serves as a brand recognition among the traffic. Choosing a logo also increases the visibility of websites. What’s better than to be more visible to the important customers? Right? So, get the best logo for your e-commerce web design that you can.
11. Coding Specifics– So what if you are not so techno savvy? Keep a bit of information about the design logic and style sheets like HTML and CSS. It would help to let you know at times when site creates issues. You can analyze the relevant solutions and the time required for its rectification.
12. Proficient Designer – Once appointed, your designer becomes a real player to design a website. A designer should have enough skills to grasp the requirements of the client. So, for a customized web design, the designer should hold enough experience and reputation.
Designing a website, not only has a scope, but it also brings good numbers of options. There are myriad of website designing techniques. But, you need to select the one which is suitable for your site.