Magento General Feature List
Marketing, Promotions and Conversion Tools
- Related products, up-sells and cross-sells
- Catalog promotional pricing with the ability to restrict to stores, categories or products
- Flexible coupons (pricing rules) with ability to restrict to stores, customer groups, time period, products, and categories
- Generate a set of unique coupon codes for each promotion and export the list of codes for offline distribution, email, newsletters and more. Easily manage and monitor coupon usage and generate detailed reports
- Multi-tier pricing for quantity discounts
- Minimum Advertised Price (MAP)
- Landing page for categories
- Customer groups
- Product bundles
- Recently viewed and compared products
- New items promotional tool
- Persistent shopping cart
- Free shipping options
- Newsletter management
- Send to a friend for all visitors or registered users only
- Send wish lists by email
Search Engine Optimization
- 100% search engine friendly
- Google Site Map
- Search engine friendly URL’s
- URL rewrites give full control of URL’s
- Meta-information for products, categories and content pages
- Auto-generated site map for display on site
- Auto-generated popular search terms page
- Google Content API for shopping
- Control multiple websites and stores from one Administration Panel with the ability to share as much or as little information as needed
- Administration permission system roles and users
- Fully 100% customizable design using templates
- Support for multiple languages and currencies. Web Services API for easy integration between Magento and third-party applications
- Batch import and export of catalog and customer information
- Content Management System for informational and landing pages
- Tax rates per location, product type or customer group (i.e. wholesale vs. retailer)
- CAPTCHA functionality to help prevent automated software from attempting fake logins. This auto-generated test ensures that the login is being attempted by a person and can be enabled in both the admin and customer login areas
- Simple, configurable (e.g. size, color, etc.), bundled and grouped products
- Create different price points for different customer groups, such as wholesalers and retailers
- Virtual products
- Downloadable/digital products with samples
- Unlimited product attributes
- Attribute sets for quick product creation of different item types
- Inventory management with backordered items, minimum and maximum quantities
- Batch updates to products in admin panel
- Automatic image resizing and watermarking
- Advanced pricing rules and support for special prices
- Search results rewrites and redirects
- Moderated product tags and reviews
- Customer personalized products – ability to upload images and text (i.e. for embroidery, monogramming, etc.)
- Customer sorting – define attributes for customer sorting on category (price, brand, etc.)
- RSS feed for low inventory alerts
- Layered / faceted navigation for filtering of products in categories and search results
- Filter products by price and display a range of prices based on even increments or by a similar number of products within each range
- Static block tool to create category landing pages
- Product comparisons with history
- Configurable search with auto-suggested terms
- Ability to assign designs within category and product level (unique design per product/category)
- Recently viewed products
- Popular search terms cloud
- Product listing in grid or list format
Checkout, Payment and Shipping
- One-page checkout
- Guest checkout and checkout with account to use address book
- Shipping to multiple addresses in one order
- Option for account creation at beginning of checkout
- SSL security support for orders on both front-end and back-end
- Saved shopping cart
- Accept gift messages per order and per item
- Shopping cart with tax and shipping estimates
- Saved credit card method for offline payments
- Configurable to authorize and charge, or authorize only and charge on creation of invoices
- Integration with multiple PayPal gateways
- Integration with Authorize.net
- Accept checks/money orders
- Accept purchase orders
- Additional payment extensions available through Magento Connect
- Offer Bill Me Later as a payment option
- Shipping integration with label printing - view, edit, print labels for all major carriers
- Integrated for real-time shipping rates from:
- UPS, UPS XML (account rates), FedEx (account rates), USPS and DHL
- Ability to specify allowed destination countries per method
- Flat rate shipping per order or item
- Free shipping
- Table rates for weight, sub-total, destination and number of items
- On-site order tracking from customer accounts
- Multiple images per product
- Product image zoom-in capability
- Related products and upsell
- Stock availability
- Multi-tier pricing upsell
- Product option selection
- Grouped products view
- Add to wish list
- Send to a friend with email
- Share on Facebook
- View, edit, create and fulfill orders from the admin panel
- Create one or multiple invoices, shipments and credit memos per order to allow for split fulfillment
- Print invoices, packing slips and shipping labels
- Call center (phone) order creation - provides transparent control for administrators and front-end enhancements for customers during the shopping process. Changing product configurations, for all types of products, can be done by the call center sale representative on the admin side as well as by the customer throughout the shopping process. Custom product choices and configurations can be changed directly during order creation, in the wish list and the shopping cart
- Includes the ability to create new customers, or select existing customers and view their shopping cart, wish list, last ordered items, and compared products lists, as well as select addresses, give discounts and assign custom prices
- Assisted Shopping - customer service representatives and other admin users are able to manage products and coupons in customers’ shopping carts and wish lists through the administrator panel
- Customized Order Status - tracking an order is easier than ever with customizable order statuses easily assigned to order states. A predefined list of order states (ex. new, processing, payment review, complete) represents the order processing workflow. An order status is assigned as a sub-category of the order state (ex. cancelled, complete, decline)
- Create re-orders for customers from he administration panel
- Email notifications of orders
- RSS feed of new orders
- Account dashboard
- Address book with unlimited addresses
- Wish list with ability to add comments
- Order status and history
- Re-orders from account
- Recently ordered items
- Default billing and shipping addresses
- Email or send RSS feed of wish list
- Newsletter subscription management
- Product reviews submitted
- Product tags submitted
- Downloadable/digital products
- Contact Us form
- Create and edit orders from the admin panel
- Feature-rich customer accounts
- Order history with status updates
- Order tracking from account
- Password reset email from front-end and admin panel
- Order and account update emails
- Customizable transactional emails
- Support for localization, multiple currencies and tax rates
- Includes support for WEEE/DEEE in EU
- Support for accented characters and right to left text
- Configurable list of allowed countries for:
- Site registration
- Shipping destination addresses with ability to specify per shipping method
- Billing addresses with ability to specify per payment method
- European Union VAT-ID validation facilitates the tax collection process by automatically applying the correct tax rules according to VAT customer groups
- EU cookie notification simplifies the EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive compliance process by displaying an opt-in message at the top of the storefront
Analytics and Reporting
- Integrated with Google Analytics
- Admin dashboard for report overview
- Sales report
- Tax report
- Abandoned shopping cart report
- Best viewed products report
- Best purchased products report
- Low stock report
- Search terms report
- Product reviews report
- Tags report
- Coupon usage report
- Total sales invoiced
- Total sales refunded
Mobile HTML5 (pre-integrated)
- Quickly and easily create a storefront optimized for mobile devices so customers can shop even when they’re on the go. This mobile interface uses HTML5 technology and supports iPhone, Android and Mobile Opera browsers. It includes out-of-the-box features such as:
- Device-specific media capabilities for audio and video
- User-friendly search and results display
- Clean display of product detail pages
- Pinch, multi-touch and scaling images
- Easy swipe between product images
- Zoom capabilities
- Cross-sell and up-sell capabilities
- Drag-and-drop of products to the shopping cart
- Quickly create a site optimized for any device using an included responsive design reference theme
- Can be easily customized for a fast time to market
- Includes all major flows, product types, and features
- Reduces long-term maintenance costs and eases site updates
- Offers SEO benefits by using Google’s preferred approach to optimizing mobile sites
Native Device Applications
- Support available for native applications on iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices
- One admin panel for multiple devices
- Seamless integration with your current product catalog, CMS and store configurations
- Real-time customization including updates for promotions and merchandising
- Support for a wide range of checkout capabilities
Magento Enterprise Exclusive Features
Customer Segmentation, Targeted Promotions & Merchandising
Segment customers into groups and optimize marketing initiatives by identifying specific customer groups using specific characteristics (address, location, sex, etc.) and/or value (purchase history, on-site browsing, etc.).
Advanced segmentation capabilities include the ability to identify unknown site visitors. Whether they’re new visitors or returning customers who have not logged in, you’ll now be able to identify and target them with special promotions to convert browsers into buyers.
Dynamic Rule Based Product Relations
Dynamically target customers to present up-sells, cross-sells, and related products based on their specific product selections. Rules are easily administered through a condition based tool, allowing marketers to easily manage specific product suggestions, shopping cart price rules and banners to any customer segment to encourage additional purchases.
Customers are able to shop and maintain items of interest in their shopping cart, wish lists, recently viewed and recently compared items between browsing sessions and from device to device. Once a customer logs in to a site, a long-term cookie is established for that browser/device combination and the customer can now view the contents of their shopping cart in subsequent sessions without logging in again.
Automated Email Marketing Reminder
Increase customer retention by automating email reminders to customers with abandoned shopping carts and wish lists. Email reminder campaigns are configurable and customizable for a variety of parameters including frequency, cart value, quantity and more.
Restrict your catalog to specific customers. Create invitations and events for limited time sales to select customers and allow customer-initiated invitations.
Increase revenue and capture valuable customer data with the Gift Registry feature. Those purchasing gifts can search for the registry by owner’s name, email or gift registry ID. Privacy settings are included.
Allow customers to purchase physical and virtual gift certificates/cards for your store. Increase the average order value with gift wrapping and gift messaging options to individual products or complete orders before check out. Applicable pricing and taxes for gift wrapping options are easily configured by administrators.
Enables merchants to implement programs that provide incentives to frequent shoppers, increasing customer loyalty. Points can be awarded based on a wide range of transactions and customers. Redemption rules can be controlled by merchants based on a variety of parameters including balances, expiration, customer history, conversion rate and more.
Store credits can be created and tied to customer accounts. Orders can also be refunded with store credit or virtual gift cards which can be redeemed to make future purchases.
Multiple Wish Lists
Customers can save products to multiple wish lists and copy or move items from list to list. They can make their wish lists public so they’re searchable by anyone. And merchants can review them to learn about their customers’ wants and needs.
Add to Cart by SKU
Streamline the ordering process, especially for B2B customers, by enabling them to enter a list of SKUs without having to go into product pages. This simplifies large orders, recurring orders and ordering based on offline catalogs.
Return Management Authorization (RMA)
Enables of customer and merchant administration of returns with support for partial order and individual item returns, customer notifications, shipping methods and more.
Content Management System
Magento’s CMS uses a WYSIWYG editor with support for rich content. Build complex content pages, create multiple versions of a page, restrict publishing privileges and create menus. Easily add CMS pages to the navigation menu and create, copy or delete different CMS hierarchy trees for each website and store view individually or en masse.
Scheduled Import/Export Functionality
Import and export product catalog data either locally or from remote FTP servers. Merchants can configure for error handling, status reporting and backup.
Backup and Rollback
Manage and schedule a variety of backup operations with the option to rollback the changes to reverse any modifications. This feature is particularly useful when testing new modules or customizations, or when upgrading to a new version of Magento. You can review specific customizations and their impact on the new code. (We do not recommend using this feature in your production environment.):
Three types of backup are supported
Three types of backup are supported
- System Backup
- Database Backup
- Database and Media Backup
Staging, Merging and Rollback of Content
Create a staging site to test new categories, product information, promotions etc. Content can be merged to the live site after approval, either on-demand or per a schedule. Supports on-demand, scheduled merges and rollbacks of content.
Customer Attribute Management
Improve sales and marketing efforts with advanced attribute management. Customer account and address attributes are managed by the Magento Administrator interface and then used to create customized marketing campaigns and customer profiles.
Administrator Permission Roles on Website and Store Levels
Restrict access roles so that staff can view only the data to the stores relevant to them.
Price and Promotion Permission
Merchants can create and control multiple admin roles for reading and editing prices and promotions.
Logging of Administrator Actions
Track and review all actions taken by administrator users, with the ability to see views, edits and deletions of information. Logs are associated to specific administrator users, with the ability to see the action taken, when it was made, and more.
Category View and Purchase Permissions per Customer Group (Limited Catalog Access)
Manage viewing or purchasing items access by customer group. Access can be controlled globally or by specific category.
Increase store performance and provide efficiencies in store management through an order archiving module, enabling merchants to archive orders after a configurable time. Orders are still available to both administrators users and customers, while providing increased performance by storing historical orders in an archive.
An alternative to the standard Magento search, Solr search provides merchants with site-search options and enhancements to the speed, quality and relevancy of search results provided to customers. Performance and search quality are improved with layered navigation and features like spelling/synonyms/stop words and weighted attributes.
Full Page Caching
Enhance performance with caching of primary pages, including category, product and CMS pages for all users, including session users (excludes personal information). Caching of pages generally improves server response times and reduces load.
Optimized indexing enables significantly faster indexing with limited to no impact to the customer’s shopping experience. This makes it easier to add and update products more frequently while ensuring URLs, promotions, navigational menus and product search tools are always up to date while never slowing down site performance. Incremental indexing reduces the need to perform a full re-index and most indexing operations are automated.
Configurable Order Tracking Widget
Customers can track the status of existing orders and returns without the need to log in to their account.
Support for Alternate Media Storage – CDN and Database
Media files can be stored within the database or CDNs.
PA-DSS Certification/Payment Bridge
Magento Secure Payment Bridge is a PA-DSS certified payment application, enabling merchants to efficiently attain PCI compliance with minimum cost and effort. Customers will also be able to securely save their credit card information for future transactions.
Strong Data Encryption, Hashing and Key Management
Strong data encryption based on AES-256 and strong hashing based on SHA-256. Database keys are easily managed and updated.
Get your Free Custom Consultation
Let's Have a Candid Discussion of Growing Your Business. When you book your consultation we will discuss the top three actionable ways to improve your business, and see if we will be able to help.